Friday, March 25, 2016

Team #34 - The Gingersnaps


Team #34 - The Gingersnaps - Donna Wilson - Ontario, Canada

I was born horse crazy and grew up on a beef farm. For most of my childhood there were horses around but Linus is the first horse that is truly mine! I met him when he was 3 months old and he will turn 7 this year. My husband is allergic to horses (and most things!) so that is how I came across Linus.
Raising and training him has been a wonderful experience. He's definitely that "once in a lifetime" horse for me. Together we have done parades, charity costume rides, the RAC and many trail rides.
I broke my ankle earlier this year and am slowly getting back to riding. My goal for the derby will be to achieve the ribbon as I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do!!




1 comment: